Thursday, March 15, 2012

Dodgy nail kit

Just a quickie. I made this nail scissor kit this morning for my husband. He is going on a business trip and (I think) needs to upkeep some semblance of  'couth'. As I know that he will leave these items around the bathroom to become rusty, I made up a vinyl nail kit from some old offcuts. It is presumed that with a home to return the items to, he will do so...but (heavy sigh) I know that they will be left in puddles of water, or lost under the bed.

You can't say I haven't tried though. I put some spiffy white triangles on the front for easy visibility. I am afraid they are very wonky and dodgy. I couldn't be bothered putting a fourth one on.That demned vinyl!  It moves and stretches like nobody's business. There must be a special sewing machine foot for this material.


If I wasn't in such a rush, I would redo it, but sometimes the wonky things in life are the most memorable. When he is away from me, my husband can look at it and remember me fondly,  whilst choking back the tears.

Anyhoo, segue, as I was sewing/wrestling with the vinyl, I thought of all the vinyl clothes in the sixties by designers like Pierrre Cardin and Rudi Gernreich. How did they get such clean lines on the seams?

Pierre Cardin

Rudi Gernreich
I am playing again at Our Creative Space. Pop on over to see lots of creative goodness.

1 comment:

  1. I don't think it looks wonky at all, it has a pleasing resemblance to the fast forward button on my DVD remote as well. I can't think of anything I make (aside from cake) which my husband would actually want!

    ***To those I follow and who follow me - is my blog appearing on your dashboard? Blogger appears to be losing some blogs I follow!**

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails