Thursday, November 10, 2011

I am not really a shabby chick...am I?

You know, it's funny. I adore minimalism, clean lines, mid century design, graphic lines...my 'real' art attests to that, but...when I am making my stuff for the markets, a little shabby chick emerges. (Get it....shabby chic, shabby  chick? My only excuse for such a lame joke is the heat. Ye gods! I am frying here!)


Anyhoo, I just finished off a whole lot of my Vintage Dictionary Prints today, for the BiEco market on Saturday. I don't think I have ever shown you guys these. I only do them for markets as postage would be too expensive.

I always try and relate the page somehow to the image. This feather is on a page with the word "quill."


I don't know who this Shabby Chick is...maybe one of my 'personalities' like Sybil or Tara. I think I shall call her Joelene ('cos I just saw Dolly Parton on telly and I think she is fabulous!)

Pop over to see other creative projects here

8 comments:

  1. What talent, these are brilliant. I want the heart one

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those prints - especially the one with the cups.
    Liz @ Shortbread & Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. they are beautiful Nick, I bet they sell like hot cakes x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful prints. I'm sure they will be popular at the markets. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey 'Jolene', could you be convinced to sell them without frames for affordable postage?? Love the feather, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nifty! both images and in relation to their underlying score.
    n♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. stunning work! I really need the octopus one - perfect for my other half :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails