Sunday, April 10, 2011

Ephemera not rubbish

I can't stand to waste anything, so as I had a few Little Golden Books that were marked and torn and that couldn't be made into bunting, I thought I would spend a lazy weekend making some cards for Easter. I have sewn the illustrations onto blank cards and added some little red felt kisses to add to the love.
I have just loaded them onto my Etsy and MadeIt shops...("It takes sooo much time!" she whined)

I thought these would be a fabulous marketing idea after I spent a pleasant day yesterday shopping on Etsy. A little lightbulb went off in my head, or as Oprah would say, I had an 'Ah-ha moment'! I realised that I preferred to buy more than one item from a shop to offset postage prices, and if they were cheaper items, all the better. You have got to be in it to win it, after all.
As I was on a roll, I also used up some of the excess tissue from dress patterns to make these gift tags. I have been buying a few lately to prepare for the Love Vintage Fair. I check through all of them to ensure that all pieces are present, and often find some extras.
I have used some old vintage 'Miss Haversham' silk ribbon. It is very brittle but I love it. As these are only temporary items, I reckon that it is fine to use and full of shabby character.

6 comments:

  1. LOVING the easter cards. not only is the stitching just gorgeous but the felt kisses are icing on the cake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'add to the love' indeed, you have a creative mind! super delightful airy post. the tags look gorgeous too...
    n♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. What gorgeous cards and while in my shed yesterady (see my post) I found all the tags like yours and wanted to vintage them up was goiong to ask for suggestions but I love your idea too

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love these gorgeous Easter cards, especially the felt kisses.

    Too cute!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails