Monday, August 16, 2010

Artpiece Gallery - new paper exhibiton

I popped over to Artpiece Gallery in Mullumbimby, for their new "On paper, in time and in others' minds" last week and was so impressed by the beauty of all the pieces.

Standouts for me were Cumulous, by Belinda Smith. A beautiful abstract work of sewn paper circles


I was surprised to see that she was the artist of another one of my favourites from the preceeding exhibition.
 
 
These caught my eye and I haven't been able to forget them, and I just realised that they are by Kate Maurice, the wonderful artist of crocheted bottle tops.
 
 
And to add to the Collecting Feathers/bird theme here are a few birdies that caught my eye...they seem to be everywhere.
 
Sarah Harvey
 

Lizzie Buckmaster Dove
 


If you have a chance, pop in and have a look at this gallery. It is the lovliest private gallery on the North Coast and is on par with most of the Regional Gallery Exhibitions.
Oh, and did I mention, my Collecting Feathers Bunting and Garlands are on sale in the retail section? Beautifully gift packaged in lovely Collecting Feathers booklets.

 
For the foodies, wander up to an upmarket deli type takeaway shop towards the top of the street. (Turn right when you leave the gallery) We had THE BEST potato, thyme and garlic soup there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails