Sunday, March 20, 2011

Flea Market Finds - Black and Yellow

I have collected so many bits and bobs lately that I can't fit them into my house and decided to put them in my stall at the recent Love Vintage Fair at Byron. My mantra is now "Sell it on sweetie!" (Aka. Edie in Ab Fab)


This little plastic wicker children's wagon satisfies my fetish for yellow and black. Whilst cleaning it I noticed that the wheels were made by Wingfield Plastics, Adelaide...and there the mystery was solved. No wonder I love yellow and black plastic...it was made close to where I grew up. Subconsciously I must have seen yellow and black everywhere growing up and these memories surface when I see 'stuff' and a little voice screams, "Nick you must have it...you MUST." Ofcourse I don't need a childs wicker carriage, but it felt good buying it.

While at the fair, it went missing and I thought "Ahh, goodbye groovy little carriage." It is not uncommon to have things swiped.

Half an hour later a little kid wanders by the stall wheeling the carriage. It is piled high with goods. I approached the mother  who said with languid surprise, "Oh is this yours?" On the affirmative she looked down and realised that her kid had been having a very good time 'collecting' everything at his eye level. I told her the price and she looked at me as if I was from Mars. I felt like banging her over the head with carriage.

So the carriage returned home, to wait for another fair.

Pop over to Sophies  and Apron Thrift Girl for some more finds.

12 comments:

  1. What a terrific story.
    I wonder where the child's mother must have thought all of the things in the carriage had come from, let alone the carriage!

    Pop in to my space tomorrow [Monday 21st] , I know you'll love at least one of the gifts I'm sharing if your blog title is anything to go by!

    xx Felicity

    ReplyDelete
  2. mystery story that is, a little unreal. ha ha ha... but i'm loving your collection for the fair here. great eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love, i only just now view your demand about joining the drawing challenge. by all means, very welcome. it is thought up by elisabeth (textilspanieln), and happens every saturday. if you click around a bit, you'll get the gist of it, and lovely having you!
    n♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness, some people are unbelievable! Nice finds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that was you! I remember that stall, if your going again let me know and can say hello! I was wondering around with my camera when it first opened. That is such a funny story about the kid, sounds very Byron.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's gorgeous! And I spy a Holly Hobbie thermos!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just let me know if you ever fancy a coffee and a natter next time I'm up in Lismore!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmm, sounds very suss but at least you got it back. It's a beauty. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh it's super delightful!!i would LOVE to be the LUCKY owner..no way could i bear to part with it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all your treasures! The wagon is just lovely and I am glad it was returned! I am baffled that the parent was that unaware!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I spy with my little eye "LOTS" of things that I WOULD purchase if I had happened upon your stall. But, alas, I live in the Unite States. Bummer. Love the little carriage and the cautionary tale of a curious toddler swiping it makes it all the more appealing! I got a good little chuckle out of that and am glad the carriage made a safe return home. Love the bird bowl, Holly Hobbie thermos, colorful children jumping the fence picture and well I love it all. Fun! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Someday I am going to make it to an outdoor fair again. I know I would just enjoy the sights and sounds.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails