Sunday, January 31, 2010

Crazy...as a Bunya Nut




It's Bunya season around the North Coast, which means you must be VERY careful where you park your car. There seems to be a glut of cones around the area this year, and they are massive.

I picked up this one on a road I haven't travelled on for ten years. The owners of the property had a massive pile with a sign,"FREE, grow your own." I recognised it as the place I had bought some old bridge supports at auction all those years ago.

It doesn't matter if I come upon an op-shop, garage sale, or free items by the side of the road...it seems I must collect things!

The natural place to put it when I got home, was on one of  the old timber bridge supports that now mark the entrance of my orchard. It fits just like a pineapple finial.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails