Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Movie escapism




I went to see "It's Complicated" at the movies yesterday with my daughter and was blown away by the house and the garden. I actually got quite emotional, the garden bought a tear to my eye...it was so perfect.
Nancy Meyers, writer-director, also did fabulous houses in "Somethings Gotta Give" and "The Holiday".
After some research I have found that yes, the garden was  grown in hothouses up until the shoot, with only perfect specimens appearing, and the tomatoes were tied onto the plant...but that doesn't make it any less pretty.
The house is adobe, just like mine, which makes me feel pretty smug and self satisfied.
I am however determined to paint my house white, contstruct some spiffy tomato trellises, put a fence around the vege patch and somehow channel Meryl Streep. (Looking good, she has had work, but not too much to make you cringe) She owned a mouth watering bakery/cafe where I could set up camp quite easily.
Yes, I know she played a character, that life isn't anything like a movie, but one can live in a dreamworld. Oh, to be able to eat warm chocolate croissants all day and live in design splendour. Those movie characters have all the luck!




Images from Remodilista

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails