Friday, February 26, 2010

Bright Star

I went to see Bright Star yesterday. All of three people in the cinema., but hey, that's Lismore. I was lucky it even showed here.

I wasn't too impressed with the story, acting, or the poetry...tres boring darling, but was totally engrossed in the costumes, sets and locations. What does that say about me huh? That I am a superficial being obsessed with appearances and dismissive of high art?

Anyhoo, a couple of times I just wanted to scream out "Pause here!" just so I could get the deatils of the costumes. I particularly like the tiny granny square shawls and spencer that the heroine and her sister wear. Bugger the poetry, I weep for joy at the gorgeousness of the costumes. xxN

Image from photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails