Monday, February 22, 2010

I'm wired - a work in progress


Living in the country means you collect a whole lot of fencing wire. Rather than throw it out, my husband will hang odd lengths of it in the most unlikely places, because "it will come in handy one day." Unfortunately, that day has never come. I trip over it, it gets tangled up with other stuff and it looks just plain ugly.

So, rather than send it to the tip I began a wire ball. My dream was to place it on a plinth in the middle of my vege garden, so that it could eminate spherical bliss. Given the large amount of wire, I thought the ball would become about one metre in diametre, however I didn't realise the strength of the wire would determine the size.

It is currently about 30 centimetres high and weighs 3.5 kg. and the winding is becoming easier. Creating the sphere is a  work in progress and will be finished when all of the wire on this place is cleaned up.

1 comment:

  1. You could hang it from a tree with fairy lights
    that would look nice?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails