Sunday, February 28, 2010

A little bit of reminiscence


I took these pictures in a Strathalbyn, SA,  antique shop a few months before mum died.


It is the same crockery set that my father gave my mother for either Mothers Day or her birthday when I was about five. I can remember it being hidden under their bed in a big cardboard box, and Dad dragging it out to show my sister and I. We were so excited. (I think we must have been pretty povo) At the time I thought it was the most beautiful thing I had ever seen.  I wonder if it sent a subliminal message to us of the importance of crockery/ceramics in ones life.

I think I should have bought it, but at the time it made me sad. Still does actually. I have never seen them anywhere else.As I recall it was was just purchased from Coles, so you think there might be a few pieces around. Maybe it was restricted to South Australia.

It is a very nicely shaped cup. xxN

1 comment:

  1. oh no
    I am like Valentino and only remember what I want to remember
    I have seen this (sparsley)around over the years and Sydney and have quickly glanced away
    L

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails