Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Husker Du

Danish for "Do you remember?"

We went I a day trip yesterday to the Gold Coast. Absoulutely nothing in the op shops. It is as if all civilization began in 1980...oh wait, it did.

One of the items on my list to look out for is vintage childrens games. This isn't quite vintage but I bought it for the sheer fact that one of my favourite bands is named after it.


One of the best bands of the 80's, Hüsker Dü were a three piece punk/power pop band born in Minneapolis, USA in the late 70's, and went on to become one of the most influential bands of the 'Alternative' or 'Punk' generations. Bands such as Nirvana, the Pixies, Foo Fighters and a whole host of others all quote them as a major influence. If you haven't listened to them and love music, do yourself a favour...  xxN


 Image from www.goodbadmusic.com/.../03/huskerdu_front.jpg

2 comments:

  1. Co-incidence of the week! We're off to see Grant Hart tomorrow night and have been feeling the Du nostalgia in full force. However you clearly win hands down with that board game find... freaky!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't believe that anyone else would know who Grant Hart is! I am gobsmacked!
    I would have loved to see him in Brisbane tomorrow, but here in Lismore we seem to be out of the loop. I had no idea he was touring. It is great to know there is a kindred spirit out there. xxN

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails