Sunday, May 30, 2010

Flea Market Finds - Vintage Patterns

My internet has been playing up all this week, so firstly I would like to apologise to anyone who might have popped by and left a comment during the last ten days or so. I haven't been able to reciprocate as it takes hours to load a page (I am exaggerating) But I am not lying by saying it takes lots and lots of  frustrating and exasperating minutes to load one page (if it ends up loading!) I usually throw up my hands in despair and storm off swearing under my breath, leaving to fight the battle another day.


Anyhoo, back to the matter to hand, treasures I have found this week. Most are located in my daughter's room, and as she is sound asleep,  I will restrict myself to the bounty of vintage patterns that I have found. There are dolls clothes, pegnoirs, cute toddlers clothes, and mens and boys wear, some with different sizes, in all about 20 patterns.


I am thinking of using them in some kind of artwork...but am not sure what. I can't really see myself making an intricate pegnoir/bed jacket, sipping tea in bed, and floating around like Greer Garson.


It seems I collect a whole pile of ephemera every week with the good intentions of doing "stuff" with it, but the pile is getting bigger and I don't see much "stuff" being produced....and my husband is getting crankier.


Pop over to Sophies and see the goodies that everyone has collected this week. xxNick

9 comments:

  1. Oh they are lovely patterns, you just can't leave those behind, even if you have no intention of ever using them as such!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by to visit! I love these patterns~ especially the cute ones for little girls!

    ReplyDelete
  3. that first patterned picture is very sweet - you will have to post what you make!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh! u are so lucky to find those patterns, I would love to have the frilly skirt pattern to make a little skirt for the little girls I know.cheers Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are gorgeous - i love the girls faces.
    Heavy eyes and the style of hair!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i had to ooh and aah over the little knickers worn oh so long ago ... not only back in the day but back in my day! these are so cute.

    My Flea Market Find

    ReplyDelete
  7. the pictures on front a so sweet I can see why you can't resist. Perhaps you could make a mobile of them or sort of bunting if that makes sense.

    ReplyDelete
  8. The pictures on the patterns are so nice - maybe they would make great collages for journal covers!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So sweet! I love them all. I have some that I framed in Ikea frames and then grouped together on a wall. it did look rather snazzy. Lovely post xo

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails