Friday, May 14, 2010

Most of 'em are finished


My blood blister sent me this tea towel to make into a cushion. It is so adorable! I can imagine it with orange or white pom-poms...or maybe pink, or even green. Then again it would look cute hung on the wall in a frame. So many decisions!


Meanwhile I was up 'til late last night finishing off my market cushions. There are still a couple to go, but they won't take long.


I love anything with a map on it. I think it is wishful thinking, because we never go anywhere. (Boo-hoo!I live in the best country in the world, so why am I complaining!)


But they are not all Australian. This one has vintage Belgian pom-poms on it. I remember my god-parents coming back from a world trip as a small child and bringing back gifts of The Suez Canal scarfs and velvet cushions encrusted with paint and glitter from Sydney. I used to dream of going to far flung places, and although I have travelled a bit, there is still that excitement of a distant land when I see these pillowcases.


However, I think that some people will think they are just crusty, nana and very daggy. I suppose because they are my memories.

 

I think this is my favourite (or the Tassie one posted yesterday) In real life it is so bright and cheerful. It is very retro feeling and 50's.(My apologies, I seem to take photos when the sun in going down and the shadows are the longest!)

Oh well, back to the sewing machine! xxNick

4 comments:

  1. Nick, your cushions look fantastic strewn all along that bench! Good luck with the markets, I'm sure they'll be a great success.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They all look incredible! I agree with you on the map cushions, they are a little dreamy to snuggle up against & imagine...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love them all! Hope you have a great time at the markets.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nic the shell collection books are from the late 50's early - 60's. I collected them too, i'm that vintage. love your blog. great happiness and success to you.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails