Sunday, April 25, 2010

Anzac Day - Lest we forget


Every Anzac Day I become very emotional about the sacrifices of the men and women who have fought and continue to fight for our way of life.


However, on a little bit of a more superficial and domestic level, I am particularly thankful for the everyday things, that we don't have to ration food , petrol and clothing, as in the war. Maybe it is because my parents were born  just before WWII and experienced rationing from an early age, and subsequently, I have adopted their "war mentality."  I even have a "War Cabinet" chock-a-block full of food I have stock piled from sales...just in case.


And although I try to re-purpose and make do with alot of things, buying from op-shops and mending, growing my own veges, I am thankful that I can get new cheap underwear at anytime, and pop down to Spotlight for that special crafty must have, and that my family does not go hungry.

Lest we forget.

1 comment:

  1. Well said. It's easy to forget that we are indeed very lucky.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails