Sunday, April 18, 2010

You're a winner!

After all of the toil of  "redecorating" on Friday, I was exhausted and a bit disheartened, but I won't go into that because glad tidings are on the way!

I checked the letterbox in the late afternoon and found this lovely surprise.


I had won this wonderful little Re*Sew*Cool Owl brooch, made by Sister Outlaws, from Find, Make, Do. That's a bit of a mouthful! It came packaged in a totally cool way, packed in a Levi's jean pocket. Even Sparky was impressed by that.


I wanted to start it immediately but was too buggered, so ferreted it away (like I do with chocolate in my top drawer) to work on at my leisure on Saturday night.


Oh dear! It certainly is a sign that I have "turned that corner". I was in my element. Hot chocolate to my left, husband's glasses perched on  my nose, the head torch just like Kirsty at Kootoyoo wound around my forhead, tele on some English house and reno shows, and the aforementioned kit on my lap. Sparky tried to take a photo, but was laughing so hard he stuffed up the camera.

Well I was as happy as Larry. I adore the felt that was supplied. I didn't realise the difference between real wool felt and acrylic before this. Chalk and cheese! I will certainly look to either making my own or purchasing the good stuff from my blog sistas.


I finished Ms Owl by the end of the weird English one hour makeover show. And I must say, that it was one of the most enjoyable Saturday nights I have had in a long time! Thank you Outlaw Sisters and Betty Jo. xxNick

1 comment:

  1. Absolutely gorgeous.
    What a successful Saturday night!
    xLiz

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails