Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Got the guilts

Photo from here
Just seeing the picture of my overgrown garden everytime I log on to my Blog has given me enough of motivation (or guilt trip) to work in the garden all morning.

I have planted beans, (bush and running) and mulched everything to make it look pretty, as well as fertilising all of the orchard with a massive bag of Dynanic Lifter. I tell ya, I am fair tuckered out.  It is still very hot here, and I was on the verge of sunstroke when I jumped into the pool.

But I digress, I have been wanting to make a scarecrow for ages, and haven't got around to it. If by putting some kind of  motivation on this blog helps, you may see my new scarecrow within the next couple of days. I don't want him to be too twee, dopey or threatening.  He has to be cool...like Fonzy.

Apparently in the old, old days the farmers used to carve the scarcrows heads from a tunip. They must have been massive turnips! Imagine how scary they would look as they aged and withered.

Stay tuned for my way cool, but not frightening or wimpy scarecrow. xxN

Photo from whitekat flickr

Photo from amortize  flickr

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails