Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Hey Sweet pea, come on and dance with me.

Happy St Patrick's Day. As you all should know, (though Sparky didn't) St Pat's Day is the day when you put in your Sweet Peas. I went along to Bunnings to get my packets because I was determined that I would sow the seeds today. I want to create traditions and ceremonies in my life just like potty Hugh from River Cottage.

Image from here

However, I don't think it was meant to be. I got into a discussion with a fellow gardener at the checkout and we both agreed that whilst it is OK to sow Sweet Peas in Adelaide today, it isn't OK in Lismore when there is a cyclone in the Coral Sea, which for the old timers means an impending flood. (peas will rot with too much water) I got home and there were ants all over the one breakfast dish I had left out. Hmm, batten down the hatches. xxNick

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails