Wednesday, March 3, 2010

They're dreamin'


I thought I would have  a look at the Anthropologie site and see what all of the 'hoo ha' was about. On it, I found thesed beautiful mugs in exactly the shape I require for a perfect cup of tea. Please note the slightly curved rim that fit your lips and the elegant handle. They come in all initials and are called "Missus." So far so good. The name is right, the form is right and going to the checkout, the price is right, AUD$6.95, without shipping. But hey how much would it cost to send a lil' ol' cup?

Well I will tell you my lovelies, $44.70!!!! Bringing the total cost to AUD $51.40.

Given the massive informal advertising campaign that has occurred through word of blog recently, and having never seen an Anthropologie store, I thought I would do a little research. Having been influenced by my teenage daughter, I took the road most travelled and looked at Wikipedia.

It states that "Anthropologie was designed to appeal to 30- to 40-something affluent professional women with total family annual income above $200,000."

Well that is just dandy. I am not buying into it. I'm off to the op-shop and in the future if I see any other Anthropologie georgeous manipulating graphic, I am chastely looking the other way. xxN

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails